By Stephanie Shaw
Every day, aspring flight attendants ask me to describe some of the benefits of a flight attendant career. I've outlined below what I think are ten of the most appealing aspects of the profession.
- Enjoy a great deal of time off (13 to 17 days off per month; roughly 6 months off per year!)
- Get free or reduced-cost travel benefits for yourself and immediate family, covering air travel, lodging, car-rentals, and cruises
- Get a lucrative benefits package, often including health and life insurance, credit union membership, employee stock options, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Enjoy unmatched variety - Forget the predictability of 9 to 5 cube life!
- Enjoy maximum scheduling flexibility - You're not limited to weekends off like the rest of the world!
- Meet new people, including many celebrities
- See the world
- Feel more independent
- Feel more responsible
Feel a sense of pride and accomplishment (especially when you help an unaccompanied minor or handicapped passenger safely reach their destination).
Stephanie Shaw is a flight attendant with over 23 years experience with a major airline and a staff writer for AirlineCareer.com.
For more information on a flight attendant career, visit AirlineCareer.com