WestJet Airlines Jobs
Discover career opportunities with WestJet Airlines
WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a Canadian low-cost carrier that provides scheduled and charter air service to more than 80 destinations in Canada, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Founded in 1996, it is currently the second-largest Canadian air carrier, behind Air Canada, operating an average of 425 flights and carrying over 45,000 passengers per day.
WestJet is a non-unionized airline, employing more than 8,800 people and is not part of an airline alliance. The airline recently launched WestJet Encore, its regional subsidiary, founded in July 2013, operating a fleet of Bombardier Q400 aircraft.
The airline operates hubs at Calgary International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Boeing 737 - NG (103), DHC8 Dash 8 - Q400 (4), DHC8 Dash 8 - Q400 (4)
WestJet Airlines Job Profile was last updated 18-Jun-2014 | Summary was last updated 24-Oct-2013
Pilot Jobs with WestJet Airlines
WestJet Airlines is hiring pilots.
B737 Captains & First Officers, WestJet Encore
- Transport Canada ATPL
- 1,500 hours total time
- 500 hours fixed-wing PIC time (multi-engine PIC preferred)
- 500 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time
- 500 hours multi-crew experience
- Canada Class 1 Instrument rating
- Canada Class 1 Medical certificate
- High school diploma
- Fluent in English
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Canadian passport or permanent resident card
Pilot information was last updated 18-Jun-2014
Flight Attendant Jobs with WestJet Airlines
WestJet Airlines is not hiring flight attendants. Visit Career Page
Flight Attendant information was last updated 18-Jun-2014
Aircraft Maintenance Jobs with WestJet Airlines
WestJet Airlines is hiring aircraft mechanics.Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (M2 or E)
- Proven technical aptitude
- 2 years’ experience (Q400 or equivalent type of aircraft)
- Experience on the aircraft that they are required to sign a maintenance release (if authorized)
- Radio License Industry Canada (Aeronautical) Certificate within six (6) months from accepting the position
- Endorsement on large Transport aircraft, Q400 considered a strong asset
- Broad range of experience including electrical, navigation, and flight controls is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Maintenance information was last updated 18-Jun-2014
BestAviation.net is not directly affiliated with WestJet Airlines. Though some airlines update us with current job information, the majority of the content found in the Airline Jobs section on BestAviation.net is generated by user contributed content or information found elsewhere on the Internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information listed above. If you believe the content above is outdated or incorrect, please take a moment and Let Us Know.
Companies Now RecruitingAdvertise your company here
WestJet Airlines5055 11th St. NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 8N4