Air New Plymouth is the professional flight training and air charter division of the New Plymouth Aero Club Inc which was incorporated in April 1929. We operate an international commercial flight school with NZQA accreditation. With the establishment of Air New Plymouth´s alliance with Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, we are more able to meet the demand for professional pilots. Air New Plymouth is being run to high quality management standards and is a well recognized, stable and successful establishment. We have successfully trained pilots for over 80 years.
Air New Plymouth specialises in providing full-time integrated pilot training. The theory and flying is integrated from a Beginner through to the Private Pilot Licence, Commercial Pilot Licence, Instrument Rating, Instructors Ratings, and Multi-engine Ratings.
Air New Plymouth has a long history of successful pilot training. Many of our commercial graduates can be found flying for various airlines around the word. We are based at a moderate sized domestic airport in New Zealand with a control tower. Our aircraft are well maintained with regular checks by our onsite engineers.
The New Zealand Advantage:
New Zealand varied geography and weather creates an ideal environment for pilot training. Air New Plymouth´s combination of well rounded and safety focused instructors, together with challenging environment, produces highly qualified pilots.
Air New Plymouth´s competitive advantages are:
- ICAO recognized aviation licences
- Long successful history of training pilots who can be found flying for many leading airlines worldwide
- Based at a controlled airport with regional airlines flying regularly in and out
- IFR training is carried out in a radar environment but without radar guidance compared to many other countries especially in the USA and parts of Europe. This enhances pilot skills and gives self confidence
- Low and very competitive flying rates
- Fantastic training facilities in a warm and friendly environment
- Diverse topographical environment
- Located on the coast provides smooth air and a wide range of weather conditions ideal for flight training
- Modern and tidy self contained hostel units