Discovery Aviation Academy
Discovery Aviation Academy is ushering in a new era of aviation training in Canada. Whereas a significant gap exists between schools and operators, DAA is one of the first training centres to be part of a large Canadian air operator (Discovery Air).
About Discovery Air
Founded in 2004, Discovery Air Inc. is a specialty aviation services company operating across Canada and in select locations internationally. With over 160 aircraft, it is one of the largest air operators in Canada, employing more than 850 flight crew, maintainers and support staff to deliver a variety of air transport, maintenance and logistics solutions to its government, airline and business customers.
The Corporation´s subsidiaries include:
- Top Aces, which delivers airborne training and special mission services to the Canadian military; Hicks & Lawrence, a supplier of airborne fire management services to the Ontario government and charter services to government agencies and corporate customers;
- Discovery Air Technical Services, which provides a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services;
- Great Slave Helicopters, the second-largest VFR helicopter operator in the country;
- Air Tindi, the largest fixed-wing aircraft charter provider based in Northern Canada;
- Discovery Mining Services, which supplies all-weather exploration camps as well as expediting and logistics support services;
- Discovery Air Innovations, the innovation arm of Discovery Air that identifies and captures large, new market opportunities.
Discovery Aviation Academy will leverage Discovery Air´s extensive network to help give its students exposure to real-world aviation and bridge the gap between graduation and employment.
Aviation Training Facilities
Programs & Courses
Greater Sudbury Airport
Garson, Ontario P3L 1V4
+1 (705) 693-3346
Discovery Aviation Academy has not been reviewed yet