The Flugschule Grenchen Flight School is run by a team of full-time employees and part-time staff (tow pilots, flight pilots, flight instructors and theory teacher) to help with our flight school to keep on track. In 2000, we were certified by the FOCA as Flying Training Organization (FTO) by the European Training Standards (JAR-FCL).
In 2014 we will be certified by FOCA (CAA Switzerland) according EASA standards for the following modules:
- Private pilot for national and international licences on aircraft singe engine piston and on gliders
- Commercial pilot license on single engine and multi engine piston aircraft
- Instrument rating on single and multi engine piston aircraft
- Flight Instructor rating for instruction for privat pilot license and for commercial pilot license
- Instrument flight instructor for single pilot aircraft
- Class rating instructor for multi engine aircraft
Our courses can be taken either in classes of three students or individually. All courses are given on aircraft with four seats. The idea is that in courses two students are in the aircraft: one as trainee, the other as observer, the third student will in the meantime prepare his next lesson. Between the flying lessons the student will attend theories and briefings in the classroom, sharing their experiences with their colleagues, thus increasing the efficiency of the instruction.