Jacksonville Universityâ€™s Aviation Program in the Davis College of Business educates and trains professional pilots, air traffic controllers and aviation executives. Our students can choose between two Bachelor of Science degrees, both accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International. Our one-of-a-kind partnership with Aerosim Flight Academy benefits our students with airline-oriented flight training and a direct career path to the airlines.
Recognizing the highest academic standards, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) selected JU to educate future air traffic controllers under the Collegiate Training Initiative. Our powerful credentials combined with a solid foundation in business and management skills, will define you as a leader in your career of choice in aviation.
At the Davis Aviation Center, you can choose between two aviation majors and six career tracks:
B.S. in Aviation Management & Flight Operations (AVO) is a professional pilot program that includes flight training with career tracks for Commercial Pilot, Military-Marine, and Military-Navy. Enrollment into our Air Traffic Controller Collegiate Training Initiative add-on program only requires one additional class, at no additional cost!
B.S. in Aviation Management (AVM) is an aviation management program with career tracks for Air Traffic Control, Airline Management and Airport Management. Signature internships and shadowing opportunities with airlines, airports, aviation companies and Air Traffic Control agencies transforms the classroom into real-world, hands-on professional experiences!
Get on the fast track to your professional career in aviation! The Davis Aviation Center and Aerosim Flight Academy offer ground and flight classes year-round, giving you the flexibility to earn your degree, certifications and build flight time faster.
FACILITY & RESOURCES
Flight training is conducted in Aerosim Flight Academyâ€™s state-of-the-art training aircraft, the Cirrus SR-20. Complemented by full-time maintenance and dispatch teams, the fleet also includes the Piper Seminole, Piper Arrow and Cessna 172. Based at Craig Municipal Airport, only minutes away from JUâ€™s campus, you will train in Floridaâ€™s sunny skies year-round under the newly developed FAA Industry Training Standards.
JUâ€™s Aviation Program relies upon experienced, industry-recognized faculty, providing you with world-class expertise in aviation management and advanced airline training. Our small class sizes and close-knit community find their home in the Davis College of Business, the largest and most technologically sophisticated classroom facility on campus.
- Loening Trophy winner in 2008, recognizing the Best All-Around Collegiate Aviation program in the United States.
- Unique student exchange programs, including the European Business School (EBS) in Germany which partners with Lufthansa Airlines to provide our students aviation management career opportunities on an international scale.
- A vibrant aviation student organization scene: Aeronautical Honors Society, Alpha Eta Rho, American Association of Airport Executives, Aviation Ambassadors, JU Flight Team and Women in Aviation International.
- Advanced aircraft training and courses: partnering with the Southern AeroMedical Institute to offer a high-altitude chamber course and the Airline Training Orientation Program for Boeing 737 ground and familiarization flight training.Â
- JUâ€™s nationally-ranked Flight Team competes in the National Intercollegiate Flying Association Safety Conference. Honors include the Loening Trophy, Collegiate Aviation Progress Award and the National Top Female Pilot Award.Â
- Diverse and small student body, with nearly 90% of aviation students coming from outside Florida or other countries.