Nigeria College Of Aviation Technology Zaria
The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (formerly known as the Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Centre) Zaria was established in 1964. It is a unique civil aviation training institution due to its four schools being co-located. These are The Flying School, The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering School, The Air Traffic Services/Communications School and The Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering School. The College is situated at the Zaria Aerodrome 75Km. from Kaduna city in Kaduna State which is in the North Central part of Nigeria. Zaria is a University town which also accommodates several educational institutions.
The runway length at the aerodrome is 1646 metres while other facilities include three hangars with the following dimensions:
- 38.64m x 31.8m x 4m - Aircraft Maintenance Hangar
- 38.6m x 84m x 4m - Flight Maintenance Hangar
- 110m x 80m x 18m - 3rd Hangar
Our fleet of aircraft comprises:
- Socata Tampico-TB9
- Socata Trinidad-TB20
- Beech Baron 58
The primary objectives of the College are:
- To conduct civil aviation training for use in flight training or airport operations.
- To train approved persons in installation, maintenance and operation of technical equipment, the use of which is calculated or likely to increase the margin of operational safety of civil aircraft services.
- To train approved personnel on equipment and necessary facilities for technical research or normal use.
At inception, the College ran some four standard courses in Piloting, Air Traffic Services, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering. Today, it runs over 65 standard and abridged courses. The first set of graduates from the College was 22 in number. By the year ending 1999, students graduating from the College had totaled 4,747 and to date, well over 6,500 graduates have been produced in various fields of aviation.
Changes and current trends in global aviation training have necessitated a repositioning of the College to meet up with the demands of the 21st century. Strategic reforms are thus being implemented. These include re-equipping of the entire College.
Furthermore, pursuant to the Service Delivery (SERVICOM) objectives of the present administration, the College lays emphasis on a three-point agenda:
- Provision of seamless, streamlined operations.
- High employee productivity through training, retraining and staff discipline.
- Better business resilience with ease of growth and positive change.
The right foundation has thus been laid towards ensuring that studying at the College is indeed a memorable experience.
Welcome to the new improved Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria.
Aviation Training Facilities
Programs & Courses
ReviewsWrite a Review
Nigeria College Of Aviation Technology Zaria has not yet been reviewed.
Nigeria College Of Aviation Technology Zaria Zaria Aerodrome, Samaru Zaria Kaduna StateP.M.B 1031 Zaria 234 Nigeria